I did a search for “Hocker + photo” on Ebay the other day and found a photo album available for sale that once belonged to a descendant of Jonathan Fox (1837-1909) and Sarah Catharine Hocker (1839-1916).
The album includes photos of other family members, including their daughter Mary Emeline Fox and her husband Henry Jacob Fellabaum, son Irwin William Fox and his son Harry Alvin Fox, granddaughter Ruth Minsker, Ollie Hocker and Lizzie Hocker, among others.
Jonathan Fox, son of Peter and Mary (Felty) Fox, married Sarah Catharine Hocker, daughter of John Peter and Nancy (Welpmer) Hocker, about 1857.1
Jonathan and Catharine had children:
- Mary Emeline Fox (1859-1931) married Henry Jacob Fellabaum (1856-1919)
- Clara D. Fox (1862-1919) married Isaac Fellabaum (1825-1910)
- Simon Peter Fox (1864-1905) married Virginia Belle Frantz (1873-1906)
- Louisa Fox (1865-1867)
- Catherine Adelia Fox (1868-1933) married 1st Lewis G. Little, 2nd John Cassel, and 3rd John S. Wilson
- Ann “Nancy” Jane Fox (1871-1949) married 1st Joseph Horace Gland, 2nd Eli H. Fink (1866-1937)
- Elmira Fox (1875-1961) married John Minsker (1867-1954)
- Maurice Daniel Fox (1878-1941) married Alice May Hartgrove (1870-1940)
- Irwin William Fox (1879-1904) married Mary Alice Theal (1881-1967)
According to the 1900 census, Catharine had thirteen children, though only eight were living at the time. I’ve identified nine.
If you are a family member and interested in this album, you can find it here.
- 1900 United States Federal Census, York County, Pennsylvania, population schedule, Newberry Township, enumeration district 149, page 11A, dwelling 213, family 226, Jonathan Fox household; online, FamilySearch, “United States Census, 1900” (https://www.familysearch.org : accessed 25 Jan 2018); citing NARA micropublication T623, roll 1501, FHL microfilm 1,241,501. ↩