On 22 November 1717, Martin Kendig (Kendick, Kendrick, Cundigg) and John Herr (Heer) were warranted 5,000 acres in Lancaster County by the Proprietaries of Pennsylvania. On 10 October 1731, John Taylor surveyed 381 acres, 50 acres of which had been surveyed on 20 June 1719. This property was adjacent to tracts of Christian Prennaman, Henry… read more
About 1715 or 1716, Martin Kendig returned to Europe to convince other Mennonite families to come to Pennsylvania. On 22 November 1717, Martin Kendig & Co. (John Herr) were issued a warrant for 5,000 acres in Chester County. These 5,000 acres were surveyed in the following years to a number of immigrants in right of Kendig & Herr. This article includes a list of names and surveys and links to the online documents.
On 13 February 1805, the Martic Township school board included: Henry Bowman, Martin Huber, Benjamin Hart, Christian Musser, Daniel Herr, Martin Eshleman, Martin Huber (joiner), Isaac Herr, Joseph Bassler, Jacob Huber, Jacob Kochenauer, Henry Resh, John Kindig, Jacob Brubacher, John Winter, John Huber, John Huber Junr., Abram Kochenauer Senr., Abram Kochenauer Junr., George Hess, John… read more