JOSEPH HACKER was born ca 1812/17 and died sometime after 1880. He appears in the 1850 US census for Elizabeth township, Lancaster county; the 1860 US census for Ephrata; the 1870 US census for Stouchsburg, Berks county; and the 1880 US census for Lebanon (Ward 1), Berks county.
Circa 1845, Joseph married SUSANNA (___). She was born about 1825/27 and died after 1880, possibly on 9 Feb 1898 in Lebanon county. She may have been buried in Stouchsburg, Lebanon county, Pennsylvania.
According to census records, Joseph and Susanna had the following children:
- HENRY HACKER (1846—?) married AMANDA (___)
- EMMA HACKER (ca 1848—?)
- SUSAN HACKER (ca 1851—?)
- ALBERT HACKER (ca 1853—?)
- JOHN B. HACKER (1854—aft 1930) married MARY FESSLER
- ELIZABETH HACKER (ca 1856—?)
- IDA HACKER (ca 1859—?)
- ALICE HACKER (ca 1862/3—?)
- BECKIE HACKER (ca 1871—?)
I believe Joseph may have been the son of Johan George3 HACKER (Johan Adam2, Christoph1) and Christina MUELLER, who was christened 21 Jul 1816 in Saint Luke’s Evangelical Lutheran or formerly Heidelberg Congregation, Schaefferstown, Lebanon, Pennsylvania. Additionally, the Catharine HACKER living in his household in the 1850 United States census could very well have been a sister.
- Joseph Hacker household, 1850 U.S. Census, Elizbeth township, Lancaster county, Pennsylvania, family 423; National Archives micropublication M432, Roll 789; Joseph Hacker household 1860 U.S. Census, Ephrata township, Lancaster county, Pennsylvania; National Archives micropublication M653, Roll 1124; Joseph Hacker household, 1870 U.S. Census, Stouchsburg, Berks county, Pennsylvania, page 471; National Archives micropublication M593, Roll 1306; Joseph Hacker household, 1880 U.S. Census, Lebanon, Lebanon county, Pennsylvania, page 263D; National Archives micropublication T9, Roll 1145.
Cite This Page:
Kris Hocker, “Joseph HACKER,” /genealogy the genealogy & family research site of Kris Hocker, modified 12 Aug 2010 (http://www.krishocker.com/joseph-hacker/ : accessed 8 Mar 2014).
Content copyright © Kris Hocker. Please do not copy without prior permission, attribution, and link back to this page.