On 30 October 1860, Michael and Elizabeth Frantz of Swatara Township sold to Michael A Frantz 93 acres that had been part of a tract that Michael (the father) had inherited—along with his sisters Elizabeth and Mary—from their father Michael Frantz. Michael Frantz Sr. died in Lower Paxton Township (now Swatara Township) Dauphin County sometime between 25 June 1793, when he and his wife Franny sold land to Susanna Eaglea, and 17 Ocotober 1797 when his administrators John Nissley and Christian Frantz settled his administration account. Here’s that I found in the Dauphin County Orphans Court Book.
John Niesley and Christian France Administrators of all and singular Goods and Chattles Rights and Credits which were of Michael France late of Paxton Township deceased appeared in Court and produced their account upon the administration of the Estate of the said deceased duly passed before the Register from which there appears to be a balance in their hands of three hundred and seventy five pounds eleven shillings and eleven pence which account upon examination the Court do approve and allow and direct that the said balance after deducting thirteen shillings and two pence the expence of this Court be distributed according to Law
The Court appoint Christian France of Manheim Township in the County of Lancaster Guardian of the person and estate of Mary France a minor daughter under the age of fourteen years of Michael France late of Lower Paxton Township deceased during her minority.
Elizabeth France a minor daughter above the age of fourteen years of Michael France late of Lower Paxton Township deceased comes into Court and chooses Christian France of Manheim Township in the County of Lancaster Guardian of her Estate during her minority and the Court approve of and appoint the said Christian France her Guardian accordingly.
The Court appoint Jacob France of Manor Township in the County of Lancaster Guardian of the persons and estates of John France, Michael France and Veronica France minor children under the age of fourteen of Michael France late of Lower Paxton Township decease during their respective minorities
I find it quite probable that Christian and Jacob Frantz—guardians of his children—were relatives, perhaps brothers, of Michael Frantz. John Nissley was likely related to Michael’s wife Feronica “Franny” (Nissley) Frantz.
Michael and Feronica (Nissley) Frantz had children:
- Elizabeth Frantz, born before 17 October 1783 (over 14 on 17 October 1797), who married Rev. John Mumma.
- Mary Frantz, born after 17 October 1783 (under 14 on 17 October 1797), who married Jacob Snavely.
- John Frantz, born after 17 October 1783, who died before 1807.
- Michael Frantz, born 22 May 1789, who married twice—first to Elizabeth Neidig, daughter of John and Mary (Bear) Neidig, and second to Elizabeth Walters, daughter of Jacob and Anna (Stauffer) Walters, and died 5 Jun 1866.
- Veronica Frantz, born after 17 October 1783 and died before 19 May 1810.
- Michael Frantz Senr & wife to Michael A Frantz (1860), Dauphin County Deed Book 3N:14, pdf, Dauphin County Recorder of Deeds, “Dauphin County Pennsylvania Public Web Search” (http://deeds.dauphinc.org/ : accessed 12 Apr 2013). ↩
- Michael Frantz et ux to Susanna Eaglea (1793), Dauphin County Deed Book T:56, pdf, Dauphin County Recorder of Deeds, “Dauphin County Pennsylvania Public Web Search” (http://deeds.dauphinc.org/ : accessed 12 Apr 2013); and Michael France account, dated 17 Oct 1797, “Pennsylvania Probate Records, 1683-1994,” digital image, FamilySearch.org (https://familysearch.org/ : accessed 7 Apr 2013); citing Dauphin County Orphans County Book B:41, Dauphin County Clerk of the Orphans Court, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. ↩
- Gdn appointed for minor, dated 17 Oct 1797, “Pennsylvania Probate Records, 1683-1994,” digital image, FamilySearch.org (https://familysearch.org/ : accessed 7 Apr 2013); citing Dauphin County Orphans County Book B:41, Dauphin County Clerk of the Orphans Court, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. ↩
- Luther Reily Kelker, History of Dauphin County (New York, New York: The Lewis Publishing Company, 1907), Volume 3, page 298; online, Google Books, (http://books.google.com/books?id=ZRQVAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA298&lpg=PA298&dq=michael+frantz+nissley&source=bl&ots=o92-nIHrwp&sig=D1YuuE1eBlzaIxMD6hMlu0XLfoc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Cz9pUciLFtC80QHxn4EY&ved=0CGYQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=michael%20frantz%20nissley&f=false : accessed 12 Apr 2013). ↩
Cite This Page:
Kris Hocker, “Michael Frantz of Lower Paxton Township,” /genealogy the genealogy & family research site of Kris Hocker, modified 29 Apr 2013 (http://www.krishocker.com/michael-frantz-of-paxton-township/ : accessed 8 Mar 2014).
Content copyright © Kris Hocker. Please do not copy without prior permission, attribution, and link back to this page.