Now that 2013 is almost over, it’s time to look back and reflect on the year past. Here’s a list of the top 10 most viewed posts for this year.
- 5,000 Acres—Where Did It All Go? with 165 views (#7 in 2012)
- Pennsylvania Township Warrantee Maps with 177 views (#4 in 2012)
- Andreas Huber (1723—1784) with 180 views
- Huber Immigrants with 198 views (#5 in 2012)
- Jacob Hoover (ca 1746—1800) with 212 views
- Andreas Huber Origins: Trippstadt, Ellerstadt, or Ittlingen? with 241 views (#8 in 2012)
- Friday Finds: Trinity Lutheran Birth and Baptismal Records Online with 250 views
- How to Use the Online Land Records at the PA State Archives with 396 views (#3 in 2012)
- Pennsylvania Genealogical County Map with 1,919 views (#1 in 2012)
- Home page / Archives with 3,964 views (#2 in 2012)
Apparently, I was not particularly helpful or interesting this year as all of these pages were written in prior years—except perhaps whatever people were looking at on the home page! Most of theses posts—with the exception of the pages on Andreas and Jacob Huber—were fairly general, either providing information on how to use an online resource, directing readers to a resource, or providing information on multiple surnames. That two pages on specific people made the list was somewhat surprising—until I realized that although neither was related to President Hoover, both names were used in his family.
So, did you have a favorite post in 2013? What was it about and where was it posted? Leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Cite This Page:
Kris Hocker, “Best of 2013,” /genealogy the genealogy & family research site of Kris Hocker, modified 22 Jan 2014 (http://www.krishocker.com/best-of-2013/ : accessed 30 Aug 2014).
Content copyright © Kris Hocker. Please do not copy without prior permission, attribution, and link back to this page.